After 269 days, nearly 9 months, I will work my first full day tomorrow. I decided to count up some things that have happened in this relatively short period of time.
- 4 rounds of chemotherapy
- 100+ days of hospitalization
- 1 visit to the ICU
- 3 seasons viewed for the 7th floor (winter, spring, summer)
- 50mg of Benedryl around the clock
- ~30 red blood cell transfusions
- Countless platelet transfusions
To me it has been a long road, and this is just another big milestone along it. It’s like the first day at a new school all over again. Even went out and bought new clothes and new shoes for the occasion.